July 14, 2014

The Report From the Fork in the Road, Ed 14 Julio 2014

So here is the thing...this week was crazy. So let's talk about it.

So for all you, my adoring fans, this week was one for the books for many reasons. Well first on the last P-day we had an America Day bbq that was just a huge epic fail. Turns out that Latins' idea for a bbq and those of an American are totally different. So after having my hopes crushed we moved on to Tuesday. That was a chance to go and meet this really cool super inactive member lady who has a son on the mission. Well we came back Wednesday and she gave us lunch and she just wanted to talk about how the mission is and her son and stuff but hey I got really good chicken out of the deal so it is all good by me.

Then we got into the long work of realizing that our current investigators are all not progressing so it was time for Spring Cleaning. So this week we have been trying to get new gators to teach. It has been slow with no real results. We did have some really great lessons including with this hermana named Dora. We also have a couple new families that are looking really good right now but we will see if they go anywhere.

We found this new colony that happens to be literally on top of a mountain. It was a good fifteen minutes of hiking to get to and then all of the day contacting. We literally stopped at every single house in the colony and nothing. Not a single thing. The people were just super closed and wouldn't even give us the time of day. So now we know that we can just move on to a new area to find the sheep.

I also got to teach a whole lot to my child Elder Sessions about how to contact people. Well so now that we are all practiced up we are going to get back at it this week. In other news there was a big even that happened...

I got to see the end of the World Cup. Germany and Argentina went after it. But at the end the German discipline came through. Now the world will get back to normal hopefully. Also, I finished one year into the mission. Crazy! It seems like just yesterday I was hanging out with the guys in high school and now I am a year into my mission. Gosh. But hey the only thing left to do is go and get back at it for another year, right?

Well there isn't a whole lot more that has happened this week. I will keep you updated on it next week. Loves you all,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment