September 23, 2013

The Jungle Report, Issue 23 SEPT 2013

Well this week has been an okay one but a very strange on at that. So starting on Thursday I was first on splits with the Zone leaders and after that on Friday I was on splits with my district leader until this morning. Yeah so I only got to work with my companion for part of the week and during this week I found a whole lot of stuff out. 1 my Mexican companion hates to climb mountains so that is why we haven't gone to this one area yet so I went there when on divisions and it was totally worth the half hour trek through the jungle and up mountains to get to it. Well when we got there to the top it has a view that makes it all worth the trip itself but then we were just walking through the little village and people were asking to talk with us. Yeah so now that is my area until all the work is done.We'll get back even if I have to carry a whining Mexican on my shoulders up the mountains.
So we had a baptism this week that had to be canceled because it hasn't rained in a while and the streams are all dried up so we couldn't baptize him anywhere. Yeah kinda sucks. And there was no other way for us to get to a big river or a baptism font because those are literally two to three hours away by expensive bus and these people don't have enough money for it. So we are just praying for rain.
In other news my Spanish is progressing and most of all of our investigators are progressing so it has been a good but strange week. The adventures in the jungle are progressing and are getting way too much fun.
So I found out why our branch here has been such a pain in the butt this whole time, they hate my companion and think he is just a dink and doesn't take the work serious so I will now be changing that by taking the lead and doubling the effort until they see that I am here to work not to mess around like my companion.
Well that is all for the jungle report or this week, I love you all, but there are some I don't love as much as others. I'll give you a hint, he lives in Jersey and his name starts with a "J" and ends with "ack Conway" Hahahahaha! No really love you all and can't wait to hear from you soon.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment