April 7, 2014

The Ghetto Report, Ed 7 APR 2014, Day Late and A Dollar Short

Well adoring fan club,

Yes sorry if you all were worried about me. I wasn't able to write last week, I was on a special mission with President Dester and was not able to get to a computer to write and then seeing as how it is the job of a missionary to teach every other day of the week I ended up not getting to update you with my wild exploits and adventures. And contrary to popular thought (from my mother) I was not sick but in fact was working with the president to open up new houses for missionaries. Yes the work is expanding here in Honduras. Every single change we get more and more missionaries, about 20 or more, and are only losing about 4 every change. So we are in rapid and expanding work. The Lord is sending more troops to try and bring in more and more souls. Which is really exciting to see and be a part of the Lord's work.

So let's get on to the stories about my life here. So this last week I have been in the offices of the mission helping with the opening and maintaining the houses that missionaries live in throughout the mission. Let's just say that the office junkies are a different breed of people. Let me just explain that there are two guanacos (Salvadorians) who only talk with themselves and don't like being attacked in the house, a chapin (Guatamalteco) who speaks really fast and also is like 5 foot tall, a southern boy from Tennessee who he and I just sit and chat it up here when we are in the office, other than that there is the socially awkward home school kid that no one likes for two reasons: 1) the fact that he is the financial secretary and 2) that he is just SUPER awkward to try and hold a conversation.

And this is why I will be on record now and forever against home schooling. The fact that children are just sheltered from the social development and experience is an abomination! And then there is one more elder from Salt Lake City who is actually really cool. So yeah, note to all you potential missionaries out there, don't ever EVER get in the office, it is a prison of weirdness. Don't do it.

In another note the office has P Days on Saturdays but mine is right now since I am only here on loan for a bit. So on Saturday turns out that I am still the undefeated mission Risk champion. It's called an assault from Australia and taking over all of Asia in one turn happens to lead to victory. So we started out and the very awkward home school kid, Elder King by name, was the one that was very annoying to listen to so we all subconsciously had a pact to kill him first and send him to bed so we didn't have to listen to him. Totally worth it. After that there were tears, laughter and a bunch of sweaty elders arguing over whether or not we would be counting sub-rules to the rules of the game to win. Yeah we take our Risk serious here.

In other news the General Conference was amazing to watch this weekend. It is amazing to know that in this day and age we have a prophet of God who receives revelation for us. Every single talk by him and the other apostles was literal answers to prayers and was a fact to me that my Father in Heaven knows and loves me enough to send the help for me. If you haven't watched them I would not only suggest it but I would pull out the belt and force you if I could...which I can, just give me a year and a bit and then you are all so watching the crap out of General Conference.

There was yet another baptism for the boys of Naco this weekend too. Let's just say that there was a doctor baptized. She is super smart and really has come to have a testimony. Turns out when you read the scriptures and actually pray with full intent, preparing and with the faith that you will receive an answer you get one. Word to the wise, do it, changes lives. Boom! Next subject...

So yet again I have come to the realization that everything that is life is more and more like the Muppets. So my time here in the office has really made me realize that all my time watching the Muppets has prepared me for life. At times all we need is to relax to the sweet sultry sounds of a frog playing a banjo and know that life will work out in the end. So we went to go grab some grub the other day when suddenly up walks this beggar in the street who I swear to you was the human equivalent of Fozzy Bear. He had the hat and tie and everything. I wasn't smart enough to get his picture but we did make "waka waka" references the whole time and took him to lunch with us. Good times had by all.

Well that is about all that I have for this week(s) updates. Make sure to stay classy and remember that "if life gives you lemons, shoot yourself out of a cannon." -Gonzo the Great

Loves ya all,

Mike

This one is for you Mommy...
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a2/b9/1c/a2b91c83b26a3de73eef96994266d17b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment