November 17, 2014

The Moria Report, Ed 17 November 2014

Well Folks,

This last week FLEW by. And by FLEW by I really mean that we almost were late to church because we woke up thinking that it was Friday and not Sunday. So the big things that happened this week...hmmmm...where to begin? Oh Yes! So I had to take a few of the missionaries from my district here in Mochito to San Pedro to take care of their immigration papers. So we loaded up in a bus bright and early Wednesday morning and rode the three hours in to the big city. Well it should have been three hours but after the bus going only 10 mph for an hour and a half plus construction and a wreck making pile ups turned into an almost six hour bus ride. Great huh? Well I don't know if you guys have even been in a hot tropical environment in an enclosed bus filled to overflowing with a bunch of sweaty catrachos, but the smell was...well I will let your imagination go on that one. So once we finally got in to the immigration building we then had to play the game of sit around and wait...another three hours. Well after sitting and realizing just how horrible re-runs of the hit Spanish program "Caso Cerrado" really are we finally got service. Only to realize that one of the elders broke the camera to take his pic for his residency card. Yes, what followed for the following forty-five minutes was ugly jokes. Then thanks to the delays, we ran back trying to catch our bus back to Mochito only to watch it sail away with a cloud of dusty defeat washing over us. So let me just list up what has happened so far in the story:

There we are, in San 6:00 pm. It is getting dark outside. I have the most experience out of the group of elders I am with in San Pedro which is a whole whopping two days, once...we have no food, no shelter, we are in the most dangerous city outside of a warzone, alone...I know what you are thinking but...
So we just stayed with the office rats for the night and after a rousing game of extreme tag where only three people were hurt we called it a night. Then the next morn we got back on the bus. This time only a four hour journey. And then the rest of the week was spent trying to teach and reactivate a whole bunch of people. It was a really fast week. Well I will have more to tell you guys next week,


No comments:

Post a Comment